javascript hit counter Garam Masala: Painting the Room - Day 1

Garam Masala

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Painting the Room - Day 1

First time in life I had my hands dirty in distemper. Pretty cool.
Saturday, Kavya, Anitha, Pacchi, Anu and I painted the new room in our school. Light yellow on 3 walls and dark yellow on the fourth. Memorable. But as Kavya never does, she did not get her camera. So the moments of joy could not be captured for ever.
Anitha got the best compliment. A guy on the road asked her if she was a painter and what kind of painting she did. She was excited.
Anu did the painting but did not get her hands dirty. Did she do any painting?!
Pacchi's long hands reached every corner and swatted all spiders. Credit for painting the top corners has to go to him!
Kavya was the brain behind the act.
I was the water boy. I got people alu bun, dilpasand, water (of course) and paint. I made sure that the fellow painters were happy. Did no worthwhile work but without shame take credit of getting all of us together. Getting all the skilled workers under one roof is a tough job, I say!

Doing the second round of painting and fixing of the board this week. Interested people can join. We are only 4 this weekend. We need 2 more. Early bird gets the nail (to nail the board in the wall).

Later that day, we went to this restaurant called Colonial. The whorestest dinner I have had, till date.

Oh, Happy birthday Chili. From year you will be in your early thirties! What can I say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home