javascript hit counter Garam Masala: Conversation with an auto driver.

Garam Masala

Monday, December 18, 2006

Conversation with an auto driver.

[Scene opens] I sit in an auto in koramangala to go to Vijayanagar. Autodriver spits on the road.

Me: Why do you spit on the road? Arent you making the place dirty?
Autodriver: This is not Singapore anyway...
Me: So, you dont have any intentions of making this like Singapore?
Autodriver: No. We are not paid as highly.
Me: So if you are paid enough you will not spit on the road?
Autodriver: Yes.
Me: So, do you spit inside your house too? You are not paid enough, right?
Autodriver: No. House is like a temple.
Me: huh? And the city is a dustbin? Cool. You can keep the city clean if you want to. It has nothing to do with what you are paid.
Autodriver: Hmm.. true. I like cleanliness. But now I am chewing tobacco. So cannot do anything.!
Me: Keep a pot on your auto. Spit in it.
Autodriver: Hmm... I like cleanliness a lot. But ...

[I start listening to songs. No point educating him. Or did I already do it?]

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home