javascript hit counter Garam Masala: Weekend.

Garam Masala

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Weekend.

A well planned weekend turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Chili, Dinesh and I were planning on a cycle trip to Mysore on Saturday. One way. We planned to ride a buss on the way back. All preparations were done. We bought Helmets, puncture repair kits, tubes, spanners, chain oil and pump. God was smiling as we were buying all these. He had other ways of foiling our plans. At 11 pm on Friday, as Dinesha was cycling from Indiranagar to my house, the cycle pedal came off. Of course, we could not think of that as a possibility. After that, all we could do is have a cup of tea and laugh at our lack of luck (Say this like a Gult. Sounds really funny). Happens.

Plan 2. Chili, Namratha and I had plans of doing Bunjee jumping in palace grounds. It was this Xtreme Zone organized bunjee jumping event. In simple words - we had to jump of from 125 feet with a thin rope tied to our waist. When I mailed this idea to the whole group, people did not consider the idea very interesting (for obvious reasons). Again, God was smiling as we were making plans. Remember, He had already decided to ruin my weekend. Evening 4:30 in the gym, I sprained my neck when I was doing abdomen work out. Strange - I would understand having a back sprain during abdomen work out or a hamstring when doing a leg work out. But God wanted to add some humor to the proceedings. And that is why he came and sat as a pain in my neck.

The only good thing about the weekend was the Evam play that we watched - Doubles, Triples And Quadruples. Really, really, really hilarious. Saving grace of the weekend, I must say. I find it rather strange that God did not look for completeness and spoil this too. Well, I am glad about that. :)

3 Comments:

  • that sounds like a perfect weekend;)..i miss the plays maan...

    By Blogger ancientmariner, at 3:24 PM  

  • Bungee ??? Cycling to Mysore, wow !!

    By Blogger AR, at 9:49 PM  

  • PP: Went for a play after a long long time. I have watched 3 plays by Evam. This was the best. Watch it if you get a chance when (if) you come to India.

    Rastogi : Since we did not do either of it, we do not deserve a 'wow'

    By Blogger Avi, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home