javascript hit counter Garam Masala: Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi

Garam Masala

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi

I guess, everyone knows about the situation of politics, bureaucracy and poverty. Probably everyone holds an opinion about who is right. But there are few movies that get you to rethink your opinion. HKA is one such movie. It is a story of 2 college guys and a girl, triangularly in love, in milieu of politics, naxalism, state of bihar and the bureaucracy.


The first time I watched this movie, I was in Milwaukee. When I watched this movie, I was moved by the state of things and how mismanaged things are. How unruly the people and the government are. But when I got up the next morning, I was really not concerned about the question “How”, but was thinking about “Why” and “Who”. Why - as in, why are things the way they are. And Who – as in, who is right? Are the naxalites wrong in their fight for the rights of the oppressed? Was their means wrong? Did they have a choice? Were the government and the police wrong in terming naxalites as terrorists when they went about killing people? I watched it again today. I still have not been able to figure out what was right or what could be done to make it right.

Thinking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home