javascript hit counter Garam Masala: Do not drink and drive.

Garam Masala

Friday, October 05, 2007

Do not drink and drive.

Disclaimer: Do not drink and drive.

Scott Adam's recent blog gives interesting observations about how to avoid speeding tickets in the US. This prompted me to put forth something interesting. Something that would possibly not be possible in the US.

Funda 1: Never go out to a pub by your own vehicle (of course, late in the night) at the fag end of the month. That is the time when the cops have to meet their targets. Cops take their targets seriously and more often than not you are a victim to their infrequent seriousness.

Funda 2: If you do not read my Funda 1, always follow a bike or a car. Never lead the way. More often than not, you will not spot the police. They ambush you. 9 out of 10 times it is better that the drunk person driving in front of you gets caught than you. Trust me, there are always stupid people who would lead the way.

Funda 3 : (This is Ganapathy Naik's plan) If you do not read my funda 1 and do not carefully read Funda 2 and get caught by the police, DO NOT PANIC. Get out of the car. Lock it. Take an auto back home. (It seems) The police do not send you a court notice. (It seems) They simply let you go. I want somebody to try this. Feel free to post a comment if you have.

More later.

3 Comments:

  • kyun re..kitne ka phatka laga :-)

    By Blogger ancientmariner, at 1:55 AM  

  • I cud not understand this reasoning of yours. From what I know abt u, u seem to be a person who want to revolutionise India. You don't want auto drivers to spit on the road so that our road are clean. You don't want auto-drivers to charge extra because that is illegal. And lots of incidents where u have talked about ur Bhagat Singh stories fighting against what u feel is illegal. And here is one story where u r suggesting ur friends how to clean up the evidence once u commit the crime. Pls elaborate.

    By Blogger shashikanth, at 6:13 AM  

  • Shashi -
    Please read the subject line.
    'Revolutionize' India!!?! big word..
    Well... I don't base things on them being illegal. I base it on being immoral or un-civic. I don't claim to be a perfectionist. I come with my set of shortcomings. I prefer not to drink and drive. I let others do it. :) more on your gmail. :P

    By Blogger Avi, at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home