javascript hit counter Garam Masala

Garam Masala

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sense falls below 13000. It is strange that I follow these values once in a while. I do not know why I do it. Because, my buying or selling does not depend on my analysis of the market. I do not follow it closely enough to analyse (speculate) it. It is only what my market expert friends ask me to buy or sell. I just follow instructions. Since January I have, in my portfolio, lost substantially. What pinches is that had I drawn out the money before Jan, I would have funded my MBA a little bit better. But now I will have to wait for another year (or a few years, or a life time) to see some green patches in my portfolio. But I am done with this game. Once I see 20% up on the stocks, I am going to sell all of it and swear never to enter it. But for that, I have to wait (for a year, 2 years or a life time). This game is not as interesting as people make it out to be. Yes, first year or even a couple of years it is fun to see that you, accidentally, made wise decisions, but it demands way too much attention.

Let me at least get my investment + interest that I could have earned back. I am out of it.

5 Comments:

  • You've made a few mistakes ... relying on friends' or anybody else's recommendations is surely no.1 - Remember "Arvind Remedies" :-) ... I think I still hold that stock.

    Some of the classes that you take in your MBA might get rid of your stock-mania. I myself took one such course recently. Will share my learnings sometime soon on my blog. :-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:40 AM  

  • going by ur words,any interesting thing in this world " is not as interesting as people make it out to be"...is it?...stock market is interesting and a passion for those who follow it. Accidental wise decisions are always made at every juncture in life...its not just limited to stock markets!!

    By Blogger ancientmariner, at 5:06 PM  

  • pratish. What i mean is i had to try this to figure out that it was not so interesting to me. I could not take your word or somebody elser word for it.

    Randhir. It is only in the last 2 years that i have not been following the market. Before that all of us in infy used to follow it to an extent possible. But then i lost interest, yet these tips kept coming to me. And i once in a while put in money. So here i am. Will wait for your blog.

    By Blogger Avi, at 8:21 PM  

  • brother in arms. same story here.

    By Blogger AR, at 4:22 PM  

  • Of course we used to follow ... but even then most of our trades were either based on random speculation or tips from CNBC/Friends ... rarely based on our own research.

    Some of my thoughts on http://hebbarr.blogspot.com/2008/07/investing-in-stock-market-science-or.html

    Not sure if it makes sense. Written when I was half asleep at 2am. :-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home