javascript hit counter Garam Masala: HDK do something da!!

Garam Masala

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

HDK do something da!!

The bus travel to infy and back takes me close to three hours everyday, traveling by bike takes my life!!


The last couple of days have been really bad. I am not sure if the pollution situation in Bangalore is so grave or has something gone miserably wrong in the last couple of days. I had never seen a traffic jam like this (Well, probably I am exaggerating. I have not seen such a jam in a while now). The jam on mysore road had extended almost a kilometer into the flyover. On the bike, without a helmet, and cold to break my nervous system – I don’t know how I survived my way back from kalari. I don’t know if I can take this another time. But the people around me seemed to go about the traffic as just a daily routine. Probably it is, I am never awake in the bus to see if there is a traffic jam. :-)

No one can actually complain about the situation of roads in Bangalore. If you want to experience them, take your car out at 11 in the night. Except for a few roads, you will not find pot holes as you used to. The problem is not with the condition of roads. Its with the traffic. There are still autos that jet out smoke like a petroleum refinery, the busses are not on CNG, people still use their old lamrettas (which probably takes in more fuel than the drivers capacity to booze!), there are hardly any CNG stations in Bangalore, and the few that are, have a long queue which would frustrate anyone. The trucks have no emission level check and if they have, who cares. The BTS named its middle range busses as parisara vahini. Why? They probably are more eco-friendly than the other autos and lamrettas, but unless they go on CNG, I don’t see a point.

HDK do something da!!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home