javascript hit counter Garam Masala: Big Deal..

Garam Masala

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Big Deal..

Today I am officially the owner of a plot of land. Still in shock. I could not sleep last night. First time in life when my signature was worth 13 Lakh rupees. My hands were literaly trembling. To make things worse, order planned for the day was not the way it happened. As we left home at 12, we were to finish the process of registration by 2:30. But the bank guy ( an absolutely uncourteous fellow) came in at 5:15 just a few minutes before the closing time. Unlike what people say, my dad is not calm and composed. I realized that he can freak me out for such a thing as this. He was fuming when the bank guy came in. So angry that he could not speak a word to him. And later on again the wrath was unleashed upon me. However, all's well that ends well. I am 25 and I own a piece of land.

In the last month I was reading about Marxism, Lenninsm and Stalinism. Was kind of impressed by the basic thoery of Communism. It says that no one can possess land. Land will always be a property of the government. Who cultivates on the land reaps its benifits. Ya, it was an interesting read. But I could not follow it. Actually what the heck! Communism failed across the world becasue it was unpractical. The preface of the book Marx and Marxism says - ' the only good thing about communism is its failure' . Not sure how all this fits into this blog.

The point is, I am not able to digest the fact that I own the land and now possess the papers of its. It all seems unreal.

All said, now I hope that everything with this first deal of mine goes fine till the end. Hoping the land gives me no hasseles with all the crap of BDA BMRDA, CMC, Revenue and a million other things which are bacially the governemt stunts to confuse the people and entangle them in this unresolvable problems. Finally the BDA issues a notice of taking over the site. God save me from all the hasseles.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home