javascript hit counter Garam Masala: Canarabank colony

Garam Masala

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Canarabank colony

This is where I stay. And I owe this blog for a long time for all the awesome fridays and saturdays I have had since I came here.
For those people who do not know about canarabank colony, this is a small colony situated on a top of a hill close to University campus. It is a calm place with every house (except ours) having 2 coconut trees. It has a fantasic temple. It has close to 20 people of our age and most of the older people are retired. In road number 3, everyone know me and I know more or less everyone.

From Left: Me, Ajith, Ganesh, Gana




Coming to the group that we are... Everyone in here has diffenrent vocational interests and academic backgrouds, yet everyone meets up on friday evenings to share the little essential of life called happiness. There is no room for feeling sad. An all guys group and mostly all single, we all look forward to fridays. People come, people go, they come back! I was out of this for 15 months (on and off) when I was onsite. This has changed nothing. Everyone still meets up, share a couple of drinks, enjoy the music, the food and the company.

I can trade anything in life for this lifestyle. During the 40 days of shabarimala, this is one of the things I miss the most - meeting up with you guys!!

There are others in the group who do not belong to the Canarabank colony. Without them too, the fridays seems dull.

I am sure none of the CB colony guys read my blog., yet this is a dedication to them and for all the good times. Rajendra Pai is going onsite. I wish he comes back, sooner or later.
The disheartening part is, there are other people too who would, in the course of 6 months, would go to different parts of the world and the group might disintegrate.

God forbid such a day!!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home